Our Committee and Governance
Insight Inishowen is an entirely voluntary-run not-for-profit organisation, which is a registered Irish Charity (RCN 20107956 CHY 21814). We have a dedicated team of volunteers who organise and run our services and activities.
Committee 2022 - 2023
Ruth Garvey-Williams (Chair)
Siobhan McLaughlin (Secretary)
Margaret McLafferty (trustee)
Noel Bradley (trustee)
Andrew Garvey-Williams (safeTALK trainer)
We are currently searching for a Treasurer and a PRO. If you would be interested in volunteering for either of these positions. Please contact us asap on firstname.lastname@example.org or use the form provided on this website (CONTACT)
Insight Inishowen is compliant with the Charities Governance Code
Statement on Guiding Principles for Fundraising
As a not-for-profit, voluntary run organisation, we engage in fundraising in order to provide our Support Services including Counselling and a range of programmes, workshops and events to build resiliency, promote positive mental health and wellbeing and prevent suicide. Insight Inishowen is committed to complying with the Statement for Guiding Principles for Fundraising and has formally discussed and adopted the statement. We have considered the statement and believe we meet the standards it sets out. We do this by:
- Providing a Donor Charter and a procedure for handling Feedback and Complaints.
- Considering the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising when planning all fundraising activity.
- Ensuring all our volunteers who are involved in fundraising do so to the highest standards of accountability, honesty, openness and transparency and maintain good fundraising practice.
- Guaranteeing that all funds raised from events, initiatives, sponsorships and gifts are fully, accurately and promptly recorded in our financial records and used as directed by donors.
- Training our fundraising volunteers in best practice according to the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising.
- Providing high levels of accountability and transparency to our supporters and members of the public.
- Providing clarity and assurances to you about how we spend your money.
We are fully committed to achieving and maintaining the standards contained within the Statement for Guiding Principles for Fundraising developed by the Irish Charities Tax Reform Group (ICTR).